A few weeks ago, Amelia included my blog in her Virtual Blog Tour post. It was a really nice surprise and I’m happy to invite my readers into a peek of my own writing process. While I also have a creative writing/poetry blog, this one is more focused towards short musings and a more “journalistic” approach towards writing, and I use that term very loosely.
1. What are you currently working on?
I’m always trying to come up with interesting posts. I have a lot of drafts, trust me. I want my writing to be relevant to others and current events but I also want it to be a very big interpretation of myself. I want my posts here to be an archive of my growth and journey as a writer. I don’t do it purely for the views.
2. How does your work differ from others in the same genre?
I blog like everyone else. There is no special niche. My blog writing is very simple. I have a blogger series (which I’m sure there are a handful of out there) and I do weekly music posts (again, not that unique although I hope readers discover a new band that way). I also try to mix in some personal posts about personal thoughts, memories, travel and again, music.
3. Why do you write (create ) what you do?
To share my thoughts with others and hope they either agree/relate or learn something new.
4. How does your creative process work?
I write whenever I’m inspired by a personal, cultural or social event. If it’s not something I don’t mind reading over and over or again in a few weeks, months or years then I don’t write it.
I follow a lot of diverse bloggers. No one is obligated to write their own Virtual Blog Tour but I nominate these three and their great blogs.
- theoceaninsidemyhead – I like reading her posts because they’re always about something interesting and thoughtful. It’s her place to figure herself out but she poses questions and thoughts that can make everyone else want to figure themselves out, too.
- nonsenseshenanigans – She writes with such honesty. I admire that.
- raisedbydesign – She is a DIY goddess. And I love her weekly “Friday Links” post.